Energy Internet and eVehicles Overview
Governments around the world are wrestling with the challenge of how to prepare society for inevitable climate change. To date most people have been focused on how to reduce Green House Gas emissions, but now there is growing recognition that regardless of what we do to mitigate against climate change the planet is going to be significantly warmer in the coming years with all the attendant problems of more frequent droughts, flooding, sever storms, etc. As such we need to invest in solutions that provide a more robust and resilient infrastructure to withstand this environmental onslaught especially for our electrical and telecommunications systems.
Linking renewable energy with high speed Internet using fiber to the home combined with eVehicles and dynamic charging where vehicle's batteries are charged as it travels along the road, may provide for a whole new "energy Internet" infrastructure for linking small distributed renewable energy sources to users that is far more robust and resilient to survive climate change than today's centralized command and control infrastructure. For more details please see:
Free High Speed Internet to the Home or School Integrated with solar roof top: http://goo.gl/wGjVG
High level architecture of Internet Networks to survive Climate Change: http://goo.gl/juWdH
Architecture and routing protocols for Energy Internet http://goo.gl/niWy1g
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Computers and ICT in Australia account for 8% energy consumption - education biggest contributor
Carbon and Computers in Australia - Full Report [PDF - 1.42MB]
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (37)
- Computers and ICT in Australia account for 8% ener...
- New sources of funding (>$24 Billion) for research...
- Organizing research and teaching at universities t...
- The green telecoms market is expected to be worth ...
- Cloud helps universities reduce costs by 74% - mor...
- IEEE Green House Gas standards for 5G networks and...
- CO2 emissions from US datacenters greater than all...
- Quebec to invest $60 million in Green ICT for futu...
- Internet2 and NOAA Partner To Provide New High Cap...
- More on energy efficiency versus building a low ca...
- ▼ July (10)
- ► 2009 (80)
- ► 2008 (55)